I have FLEAS!!!!! I could not sleep a couple nights ago because it felt like I was being bit all over. But when I turned on the light in the bathroom I could not see anything biting me. I decided I must be crazy and played solitaire until I fell asleep about 4am. My skin felt dry and itchy that next morning so I put on lotion and it caught the fleas red-handed. They got stuck in the lotion so I could face my enemies head on!
I took a bath in bleach (a friend said she did that to kill chiggers as a kid). However, I found it more effective to take about a tsp. of bleach and rub it all over an arm and leg at a time. I also shaved my legs and arms to make sure they could not hide anywhere! I soaked all my clothes a soapy water for about 5 hours then dried them in the sun to kill of any remaining fleas and...
I slept great the next night and they have not returned.
I get fleas frequently when we go to Guatemala - they are everywhere because the dogs run loose and animals are close to buildings. We had fleas on the farm where I grew up, so I am very familiar with them and believe I am allergic to their bites because they swell and last for weeks. I've learned to not go to bed with my socks on because they got into my bed. I had not heard of using clorox. I use an insect repellant lotion that works fairly well.
ReplyDeleteOh wow! Good to know, it was quite the experience... I need to get better about using bug spray! Good to hear from you!
ReplyDelete