Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tortilla Madness!

This past weekend was a little stressful. We didn't have power for the majority of the weekend because our third generator broke :)  So... we cooked on the charcoal stove.  Needless to say we spent the entire day cooking!

I have been working really hard to perfect my tortilla recipe that was given to me by Amanda Espinosa.  Here is the recipe:

-2 1/2 cups white flour

-1tsp salt

-2tsp baking powder

-3/4 cup of hot water

-1tbl oil (this is not required)

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with your hands (cover your hands with flour first). Work the dough until it is not sticky anymore... you may need to add a lot more flour... I always need to.  Let the dough rest for 20 minutes then separate it into 16 pieces and make little flat disks out of them. Heat up your skillet on medium to medium high. Then roll out your tortillas one by one into a thin circle.  I roll one and then cook it, then as that one is cooking I roll out the second. They only need to be on the skillet for about 30 sec. -1 min.  You don't need any oil in the skillet, they brown just fine on their own... then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment