Wednesday, March 2, 2011

COMPOST CHAOS!

We built our compost on Sunday!  We talked to our translators and driver about how to use it appropriately, but I didn't think to talk with our security guard who, out of the kindness of his heart, cleans our grounds every night!  Yesterday evening I went out to put some organic matter in the compost and it was filled with plastic bottles, plastic bags, and cooked food of all kinds.  He thought it was our new outside trash can (you can't blame him, it looks just like a trash can)...

Needless to say we are going to start over next Sunday...

What I have learned from this phase of composting is that educating people is just as important as building the compost! The main reason we are composting is to be reconciled to the land we live so that 1.) we can be in right relationships with God and 2.) so Haitians can learn how to take simple steps in the same direction!  Really this is a moment of triumph because I now have an opportunity to take my Haitian friends into a much needed and valued kingdom principle!

No comments:

Post a Comment