Well... a couple a nights ago I needed to expel some energy so I dug out the compost and we started the process over.
How we built our compost:
1. Materials:
-8 feet of chicken sire: because I have not yet learned measurements in Creole I accidentally bought 7 yards... I thought that was a lot of mesh for such a small project... 7 yards is 21 feet... I will use the rest to keep our chickens out of the garden!
-10 Zip ties
-Dirt, newspaper, toilet paper rolls, leaves, drier lint, and any other dry biodegradable materials you want to dispose of...
2. My friend Amanda and I constructed the compost. Our compost is a circle so all we had to do to construct it was roll the wire mesh into an oval and secured it with zip ties at the top, bottom, and intermittently where needed. We dug a 6 inch deep and 2 inch deep trench in an oval and set our compost into the trench. We also put a lid on it to keep the chickens from laying eggs in it.
Here is our beautiful compost!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment