Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Time of Transition...

I have reached a plateau with cooking... I have tried so many new recipes now Nick and I have our favorites and unfortunately I have already blogged about most of those recipes.  This weekends menu was as follows:
Saturday:
Petit Mange: breakfast burritos, a friend is in town and brought us real tortillas and bacon
Mange Midi: White bean burgers and baked home fries
Dine: Pizza, and desert pizza

Sunday: 
Petit Mange: Mango Pancakes and hashbrowns
Mange Midi: Torillas with gaucamole and cheese spread
Dine: Left overs and popcorn

I could post pineapply salsa, quinoa burgers, or desert pizza...  any takers on these recipes?? Also after returning to the US in two weeks for a visit I many have some new inspiration for cooking with a few items I may snag at the grocery store (pad thai noodels, miso and quinoa).  

However, I think it is time to start taking on a couple new columns I have been neglecting.  My roommate and I have been talking about restarting our garden and the compost is definitely in a state of chaos (which I expected when I named the column).

Today we will start a small herb garden and I will once again attempt to turn our compost!

Herbs are tricky and since we are in Hurricane season I am uncertain whether or not I will be able to save these tiny seedlings from drowning.  I have been reassured by the seed packaging that oregano, basil and celantro all prefer full sun; and to keep them indoors without a sun lamp would be detrimental to their sprouting.

Will post pictures later today...   

No comments:

Post a Comment