Hello, last week I was so desperate for a sandwich, I broke down and made homemade bread without a bread machine. I was shocked by the results!!! The bread was fluffy with a nice shell crust. I didn't have any bread flour so I used regular white flour and it did not seem to make a difference.
Here is the recipe:
5-6 cups white flour (please use whole wheat if you have it)
1 tbls dry active yeast (to activate yeast see my previous post about yeast)
3 tbls sugar
1 tbls salt
Mix together and let is rest for 10 minutes. Place dough on a well floured surface and kneed it for 15-20 minutes, continually adding flour as needed until the dough is no longer sticky.
Bake anywhere from 15-25 minutes or until the outside is golden brown.
This bread is so yummy, and very economic!


No comments:
Post a Comment